How will I receive my film scan?
• We generally send film scans over on MyAirBridge.com (which works in exactly the same way as WeTransfer), unless it is a large amount of films (i.e. 20+ reels), a large archive or you want uncompressed data. In which case we will need you to send a hard drive.
• You will receive an email from MyAirBridge.com with a link to download your scan files(s). Each 2.6K scan (pro res file), will be approximately 10GB.
• Check first that your connection is fast enough and has enough bandwidth to download your files.
• Also check that there is enough data allowance i.e. if you have a connection with a download limit (or cap).
Can you create a DVD of my cine films?
• Unfortunately we no longer offer this service, as DVD authoring is now deprecated in modern computer operating systems and support for DVD authoring software is dwindling
• DVD is a standard definition (SD) format. So what you gain in having your valuable movie film scanned in full HD, you immediately lose when transferring to DVD
• Instead we can provide your files in MP4 format (for ease of playback across numerous operating systems and smart TVs). As well as sending you a download of your film scan, we can also provide your files on a USB stick or portable hard USB hard drive, as an add-on to your existing order